Notices for Remembrance Sunday
8 November 2015
* – There is a retrial collection for Poppy Scotland.
* – The service at the town War Memorial will be led by The Revd David Watson at 12.15pm today.
* – Tickets are available from Jane Evans for the Christian Aid Concert to take place this Friday (13 November) at 7.30pm in St Columba’s Parish Church. (priced £8) – The Concert will be offered by the Largs Amateur Operatic Society and the Clyde Coast Sprathspay and Reel Society; see poster for full details.
* – There will be a fundraising Christmas Concert for the North Ayrshire team. This will be performed by the Gleniffer Singers in St Andrew’s Church, Ardrossan on Friday 4th December at 7.30. Tickets are £10 (children £6) including cups of tea and mince pies after the concert. If anyone is interested in purchasing a ticket for this please contact me: Margaret Williams firstname.lastname@example.org 01505 502429.
* – Columba’s Creatives are seeking any unwanted old shallow glass creme brûlée jars – these will be used in making Christmas table centres to be sold at this year’s Yuletide afternoon.
* – Donations of seasonal items would be most welcome toward the Yuletide Afternoon to take place at 2.00pm on Saturday, 5 December.
* – Last call for Blythswood Care Shoebox Appeal Christmas boxes.
- – This is a reminder for you to please complete your Christmas Greeting for inclusion in the December edition of the magazine. Forms can be found at the back of church for this purpose. Simply complete it and hand it to John Lamb together with your donation.
- – Congregational ‘Christmas’ Lunch. It is hoped that this will take place following the morning service on Sunday, 10 January at the Willowbank Hotel. Sample menus will be available from next Sunday. Please book by making your selection on the list that will appear in the porch; then and paying your money to John Lamb.